TAKE ADVANTAGE OF
WINTER HEALTH CHECK
NOW ONLY £19.99 + VAT
Now the summer heatwave seems like a distant memory and the darker nights and gloomy days are creeping in, keeping your cars safety is of utmost importance. So come on in for our winter healthcheck for a reduced rate of £19.99 +VAT (normal price £29.99 +VAT)
The following is included in the healthcheck
- Lights ~ Dark nights and gloomy days demand properly working and properly aligned lights to help you see and be seen. Our technician will check the correct operation of all your lights and check your headlights alignment is correct.
- Wiper Blades ~ whether it's raining, snowing or icy, your wiper blades have to keep the windscreen clear. Our technician will check them to make sure that they are up to the job.
- Windscreen washers ~ Most people don't give their windscreen washer a thought until their screen is dirty and they then discover that the bottle is empty. We do though, with our function and fluid check and top up if required.
- Brakes ~ stopping is hard enough in wet, snowy or icy conditions, without your brakes letting you down. We will look over your discs and pads and check your brake fluid.
- Tyres ~ as your only contact with the road, your tyres need to be in tip-top condition for the winter. our technician will carry out a full tyre report for you. This includes checking their condition, pressures and ensuring that they are correctly inflated. Why not check out our tyre tips too.
- Battery ~ avoid that sinking feeling and sad clicking sound of a flat battery on a cold and wet morning. Get us to check your battery now.
- Under bonnet levels ~ this includes anti-freeze, brake fluid and coolant etc
To book just give us a call or us the contact us form and we will endeavour to get straight back to you.
LOCAL GARAGE, MOT AND SERVICE CENTRE FOR YEOVIL AND SURROUNDING AREAS, INCLUDING SHERBORNE, ILLMINSTER, YEOVILTON, EAST & WEST COKER & MUDFORD. MOTORBIKES ALWAYS WELCOME. WHY NOT CALL IN TODAY OR CONTACT US FOR A COMPETITIVE QUOTATION.
MOTs: the rules
Originally called the 'Ministry of Transport' test, it's now just an MOT. Either way, it's a safety and legal must for cars, motorbikes or any other vehicle.
A study of mainstream car models found the Suzuki Splash and Audi TT are most likely to pass their first MOTs, according to motoring website Honest John (May 2012).
Yet switching cars is a bit much, so ensure you know the rules to give your car the best chance of passing - and staying safe - for less.
RULE 1: It's your responsibility
The test information is held on a central database as well as on a paper certificate. It's the owner's
responsibility to ensure their vehicle's certificate is valid, not for authorities to chase.
RULE 2: Know when to go
You need a test when the car's three years old (four years in NI), then annually after that. Timing is crucial, though. Get a test in the month before the current certificate ends and the new one will expire exactly a year from the original's end date (the earliest date you can do this is printed on your test certificate).
But get it tested more than a month before the MOT's due and it'll expire exactly a year later, meaning you lose out. To get a reminder six weeks before your test's due, use our reminder service.
RULE 3: Always book tests in advance if your certificate's run out
If your car's out of certification, you can drive it to the test centre provided the test has been booked.
RULE 4: MOT test costs are limited
Companies can only charge up to the official maximum for an MOT. The maximum test costs are £54.85 for cars or motor caravans and £29.65 for motorbikes.
Our current costs are £45.00 for a car / van and £29.00 for motorcycles. Do keep an eye out for our special offers though.